Ind. bus slaying victim had filed protective order

Mar 21, 2013 - by - 0 Comments

March 21, 2013 Associated Press

FORT WAYNE, Ind.  — A northern Indiana woman who was pulled off of a city bus and fatally shot along a busy street had recently obtained a protective order against her ex-boyfriend — the man police say killed her.

Court documents show that Jacqueline Bouvier Hardy, 49, had filed for a protective order Tuesday against Kenneth Knight, but the Journal Gazette reported (http://bit.ly/15uGtb1 ) it did not appear Knight had been served with a copy.

Police said Hardy was fatally shot by Knight about 8 a.m. Wednesday along a busy street in Fort Wayne. A school official said children waiting at school bus stops were among the witnesses to Hardy's slaying.

Fort Wayne police snipers fatally shot Knight, 45, Wednesday afternoon after he held a 3-year-old boy hostage in a nearby home following Hardy's killing. Knight was not related to the child, who was unharmed in the assault.

Read More

Total views: 470